Real Estate Investment
- Mixed Used Development
- Residential Houses
- Township Development
August 08, 2013
Bitexco Financial Tower has been listed as one of the 25 great skyscrapers - icons of construction – Announced by CNN.
Ho Chi Minh City, August 08, 2013 - The Bitexco Financial Tower (BFT), shaped like the bud of lotus flower, has been listed as one of the world’s top 25 great skyscrapers – icons of construction. This was confirmed lately by CNN website in collaboration with prominent architect A Eugene Kohn, founder and chairman of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates KFP, one of the world’s largest architecture firms.
CNN said: “These aren't the tallest buildings in the world, they aren't the prettiest buildings in the world, they aren't even the most successful -- the inclusion of North Korea's disastrous Ryugyong Hotel attests to that. But they are among the most iconic, representing their designers and their cities as memorably as anything else.” This was certainly the inspiration which motivated Mr. Vu Quang Hoi when he set about developing the BFT, which is shaped like the lotus, Vietnam’s national flower. Mr. Hoi, chairman of the Bitexco Group, wanted the BFT to represent a new Vietnam, an iconic building that would be immediately associated with his thriving and dynamic country.
The first Grade A plus commercial property in Ho Chi Minh City, BFT set new benchmarks for Vietnam’s construction industry. Constructed by an international development team, and built to world-class standards. LERA was the structure engineering consultant and Carlos Zapata Studio was the architectural firm behind the delicate lotus flower design of BFT, a fitting image that emblems for Vietnam’s rapid development and growing importance as an emerging economy
Bitexco Financial Tower ‘s interesting facts and figures:
1. Height: 262 meters ( 68 floors)
2. Cost to build: $270 million
3. Completion date: October 31, 2010
4. Designed to represent Vietnam's national flower, the lotus, this skyscraper is meant to characterize the beauty and growth of the Ho Chi Minh city.
5. Vietnam’s first heli-pad is on the 52nd floor, which extends 22 meters out from the main structure
6. The building’s curvature means no two floors are alike
7. Each of the 6,000 sleek glass floor is different from the next. They were purchased in Belgium, manufactured in China, shipped to Vietnam for assembly, making it an international effort.
8. The 27th floor of the BFT has the largest floor area in the building
9. The observation deck on the 49th floor, the Saigon Skydeck, where visitors get a 360-degree view of HCMC.
10. High-tech double decker lifts can reach speeds of 7 meters per second, making them the third fastest in the world
More information at CNN Website
- Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his spouse visit Bitexco Financial Tower - April 03, 2017
- NHO QUE 3 HYDROPOWER PLANT GENERATED 2 BILLION kWH OF ELECTRICITY - September 26, 2016
- UOB, ORIX TO INVEST $50M IN VIETNAM-BASED BITEXCO POWER - September 13, 2016
- NHO QUE 2 HYDROPOWER PLANT OFFICIALLY BEGINS COMMERCIAL OPERATION - September 13, 2016
- BITEXCO HOLDS MORE THAN 70% OF HUONG GIANG TOURISM JSC’S SHARES - September 13, 2016
- Bitexco Group – The title investor of Vietnam’s first public-private partnership infrastructure project to accompany roadshows in the region for Dau Giay-Phan Thiet Expressway Project (DPEP) - July 23, 2013
- BITEXCO Group is ranked in the top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam - January 18, 2012
- The first generator group of Nho Que 3 hydropower plant has been successfully put into no-load operation - January 16, 2012
- Bitexco Financial Tower honored to receive the award of “The Excellence in structure engineering 2011”, presented by NCSEA - November 30, 2011
- Bitexco Financial Tower is among the world’s top 20 iconic skyscrapers - October 20, 2011