Real Estate Investment
- Mixed Used Development
- Residential Houses
- Township Development
October 20, 2011
Bitexco Financial Tower is among the world’s top 20 iconic skyscrapers
The Bitexco Financial Tower (BFT), shaped like the bud of a lotus flower, has become one of the world’s top 20 most iconic skyscrapers. Standing 262 metres tall in the prime District 1 of Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, the BFT’s stature as an iconic skyscraper was confirmed by CNNGo, a travel and lifestyle website which compiled the list in collaboration with prominent architect A Eugene Kohn, founder and chairman of Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates KFP, one of the world’s largest architecture firms.
The BFT’s iconic standing is all the more noteworthy because it is the “youngest’’ building to make the list, having just been completed and inaugurated a year ago in October 2010. It joins the ranks of classic architectural marvels such as the venerable Empire State Building in New York which was built 80 years ago, and the distinctive sail-shaped Burj al Arab in Dubai, which was completed in 1999. Other iconic buildings on the list which are closer in age to the BFT include the Hotel & Casino Grand Lisboa in Macau, the China Central Television headquarters in Beijing, and the Shanghai World Financial Center in Shanghai, all of which were completed 2008.
CNNGo, a division of the global CNN network, said these buildings, more than just altering the skyline with their sheer height, define their respective cities and represent their nations on the world stage. This was certainly the inspiration which motivated Vu Quang Hoi when he set about developing the BFT, which is shaped like the lotus, Vietnam’s national flower. Mr Hoi, chairman of the Bitexco Group, wanted the BFT to represent a new Vietnam, an iconic building that would be immediately associated with his thriving and dynamic country.
“We are proud that the Bitexco Financial Tower has become internationally recognised as a symbol of Vietnam. The Bitexco Group commissioned this building to be an inspiration for the people of Vietnam, and we are extremely delighted that CNNGo has recognised that Bitexco Financial Tower represents the future of our country. It is an emblem of our nation’s rapid development and growing importance as an emerging economy,” said Mr Hoi.
The first Grade A plus commercial property in Ho Chi Minh City, BFT set new benchmarks for Vietnam’s construction industry. Constructed by an international development team, and built to world-class standards, this magnificent structure provides the city with more than 37,000 square metres of prime office space and 8,000 square metres of prime retail space. Carlos Zapata Studio was the architectural firm behind the delicate lotus flower design of BFT, a fitting image that symbolises the strong hope Vietnamese people hold for a brighter future ahead.
Although the towering 262-metre structure may no longer be the tallest building in Vietnam, its unique architectural features such as a heli-pad (the first in Vietnam) which cantilevers from its 52nd floor, truly reflects the bold and intrepid nature of a forward-looking Vietnam.
For more information, please contact: Bitexco Group – Public Relations Office
Ms. Võ Ngọc Liên Hương
ĐT: +84 90 888 9451
ĐT: +84 90 888 9451
Ms. Hoang Thi Lan Anh
Tel:+ 84 98 885 8182
Tel:+ 84 98 885 8182
- Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his spouse visit Bitexco Financial Tower - April 03, 2017
- NHO QUE 3 HYDROPOWER PLANT GENERATED 2 BILLION kWH OF ELECTRICITY - September 26, 2016
- UOB, ORIX TO INVEST $50M IN VIETNAM-BASED BITEXCO POWER - September 13, 2016
- NHO QUE 2 HYDROPOWER PLANT OFFICIALLY BEGINS COMMERCIAL OPERATION - September 13, 2016
- BITEXCO HOLDS MORE THAN 70% OF HUONG GIANG TOURISM JSC’S SHARES - September 13, 2016
- Bitexco Financial Tower has been listed as one of the 25 great skyscrapers - icons of construction – Announced by CNN. - August 08, 2013
- Bitexco Group – The title investor of Vietnam’s first public-private partnership infrastructure project to accompany roadshows in the region for Dau Giay-Phan Thiet Expressway Project (DPEP) - July 23, 2013
- BITEXCO Group is ranked in the top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam - January 18, 2012
- The first generator group of Nho Que 3 hydropower plant has been successfully put into no-load operation - January 16, 2012
- Bitexco Financial Tower honored to receive the award of “The Excellence in structure engineering 2011”, presented by NCSEA - November 30, 2011