Real Estate Investment
- Mixed Used Development
- Residential Houses
- Township Development
March 05, 2011
BITEXCO Group appointed Mr. In-Suk Ko to be its CEO
Hanoi, March 5, 2011 - BITEXCO Group, a diversified Vietnamese conglomerate, has appointed Mr. In-Suk Ko to the position of Chief Executive Officer (CEO) which Chairman Vu Quang Hoi concurently held.
Mr. Ko’s appointment, effective from 21st February 2011, underlines BITEXCO’s drive to achieve international standards as the company steps up its expansion at home and abroad. BITEXCO, whose growth has paralleled that of the Vietnamese economy, has identified 2011 as the year when the Group will revamp its corporate strategy so that its best practices are on par with that of international premier companies.
A South Korean, Mr. Ko is well-equipped for these responsibilities, bringing with him vast on-the-job experience and expertise spanning 32 years with HYUNDAI Engineering & Construction Company (HYUNDAI E&C), a major subsidiary of the HYUNDAI conglomerate of South Korea. He enjoyed a successful career with HYUNDAI E&C and his last appointment there was executive vice president of HYUNDAI Engineering and Construction, a post he held from 2007 to 2009. One of his main responsibilities with HYUNDAI E&C was the management of mega construction projects located in the US, Middle East and Asia, including Vietnam. Thus, Mr. Ko has acquired leadership capabilities working in cross-cultural environments. Prior to joining BITEXCO, Mr. Ko was the president of HUDIGM, a global engineering and green energy services group which works on large-scale architectural and civil design projects.
At the ceremony of the new CEO announcement, Mr. Vu Quang Hoi, Chairman of BITEXCO said: “We are confident that with his impressive track record and leadership qualities, Mr. Ko will be able to accomplish BITEXCO’s vision and transform it into one of Vietnam’s internationally competitive premier conglomerates as the country steps onto the international arena”.
Said Mr. Ko: “I am honoured to be given this opportunity to manage BITEXCO Group at a major milestone of its development. I hope my experience and expertise will help BITEXCO achieve its objective of becoming a company that keeps best practices”.
For further information, please contact:
BITEXCO GROUP - Public Relations Office
Ms. Vo Ngoc Lien Huong
Tel: +84 8 3821 1033 (Ext: 316)
Cell phone: +84 908 889 451
- Singapore’s Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his spouse visit Bitexco Financial Tower - April 03, 2017
- NHO QUE 3 HYDROPOWER PLANT GENERATED 2 BILLION kWH OF ELECTRICITY - September 26, 2016
- UOB, ORIX TO INVEST $50M IN VIETNAM-BASED BITEXCO POWER - September 13, 2016
- NHO QUE 2 HYDROPOWER PLANT OFFICIALLY BEGINS COMMERCIAL OPERATION - September 13, 2016
- BITEXCO HOLDS MORE THAN 70% OF HUONG GIANG TOURISM JSC’S SHARES - September 13, 2016
- Bitexco Financial Tower has been listed as one of the 25 great skyscrapers - icons of construction – Announced by CNN. - August 08, 2013
- Bitexco Group – The title investor of Vietnam’s first public-private partnership infrastructure project to accompany roadshows in the region for Dau Giay-Phan Thiet Expressway Project (DPEP) - July 23, 2013
- BITEXCO Group is ranked in the top 500 largest enterprises in Vietnam - January 18, 2012
- The first generator group of Nho Que 3 hydropower plant has been successfully put into no-load operation - January 16, 2012
- Bitexco Financial Tower honored to receive the award of “The Excellence in structure engineering 2011”, presented by NCSEA - November 30, 2011